Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My very special birthday boy

Dear Ethan...

Where has the last year gone? You are the most amazing little boy I have had the pleasure to watch grow...This last year you have learned so many amazing things, now let me tell you your amazing story...

I had been having a few hard days of thinking I was in labor and then being sent home to continue waiting for you to be ready to make your amazing arrival.

I went to bed on Monday Jan 11th knowing that my due date was the very next day and I was going to be seeing the dr that morning to figure out how long I would have to wait to meet you, but like always you had a plan of your own..

I woke up having some contractions around 2am, they were getting a little intense but knowing i would be seeing the dr in just a few hrs I decided that I would try to keep myself comfortable for a few hrs. I was drifting back and forth to sleep inbetween contractions till about 240 when they were getting stronger. At this time I decided that I would have a shower and get myself ready for the hospital thinking it might relax me so that I could get a few more hrs of sleep afterwards. I ended up having to give you dad a call around 3 because the pain was getting to be too much for me to be home alone and although in the back of my mind I knew I was in labor I was too scared to go to the hospital that they would just send me home yet again...

Your dad arrived about 20 mins after I called him and was telling me it was time to go now! I kept refusing saying that I didn't want to go but couldn't continue to deal with the pain alone. He was timing the contractions and when he realized they were about 2-3 mins apart he gave me the option of getting ready to go to the hospital or he would be calling the ambulance to take me, so I reluctantly went with him knowing I didn't want to be taken by ambulance.

We arrived at the hospital around 445am, the nurses got me changed and into bed and hooked me up to the monitor to see the contractions, and monitor your heartbeat, sure enough as soon as they got me strapped on nothing was happening, I was very emotional at this point as I had my hopes up that I would be holding you within a few hrs.

About 30 mins later she was preparing to send me home and thought she best check to see if I was dialated at all and sure enough I was 7cms!! Whoo hoo I'm staying and you were on your way...To say that chaos, and panick started at this point is a bit of an understatement. The nurses were running around getting things ready for you to be born, your dad had to run up and get the paper work ready for me to be admitted

By 5:45am they had me set up in the delivery room so at this point we really knew it was only a matter of time before you would be here in my arms. Dr. Bathune was the dr that was on call at the time and he was really great helping mommy the whole time. I started pushing around 6am, and at 6:27am on January 12, 2010 you were born!! It was one of the most amazing things that I had ever gone through. You were here crying and PERFECT!!! It really was love at first sight! You were placed in my arms after the nurses checked you over and all I could do was look at you, kiss you and talk to you!

 I'm so proud of you my little man!! I"ll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as i'm living my baby you'll be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment